Board of Directors
Recruitment Announcement (http://www NULL.rarbayarea NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/RAR-Board-Application-Packet-06 NULL.2011 NULL.pdf)
Interest Questionnaire (http://www NULL.rarbayarea NULL.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Raising-A-Reader-Board-of-Directors-Application NULL.docx)
Volunteers needed to facilitate work with community partners, whose primary language is Cantonese, Vietnamese or Arabic. Translators may be asked to work once a week for 1-2 hours. Translating is done both in verbal and written form, depending on the skills of the volunteer. Volunteers work Monday through Friday at their convenience; some work can be done at home. Volunteers can specify the day and times they can work.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Jo McConnell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415) 683-5465.
We are looking for a few experienced photographers to help us capture our programming in action, either in the classroom or at events. The photos will be used on the RAR web site and/or in our print campaigns.
Occasional weekdays, typically early morning (8:30-10am) or mid afternoon (3:30-5:30pm).
• Must use his/her own equipment
• Knowledge of digital photography
• All photographs and/or video become the property of the Raising A Reader San Francisco and Alameda Counties
We are looking for an experienced designer to help us to design new RAR marketing/collateral materials for our growing organization! Specifically:
• Update current donor facing marketing/collateral materials (ie: letterhead, thank you cards, envelopes, etc…)
• Create new designs for marketing materials as needed
• Make suggestions on how Raising a Reader can make designs appeal to our donors more effectively
We have several projects of different sizes available immediately. Can work from home or our San Francisco office.
• Demonstrated experience and skill in graphic design and/or web design
• Creativity and a unique artistic eye
• Proficiency in Adobe CS3 programs, including Photoshop and InDesign, and Microsoft software
• All material developed become the property of the Raising A Reader San Francisco and Alameda Counties
• Experience in designing marketing pieces for a non-profit company is a plus
Contact Molly Wertz (molly NULL.wertz null@null rarbayarea NULL.org) at 415-683-5462 to learn about other volunteer opportunities with Raising A Reader
San Francisco and Alameda Counties.